Secret Valley was set up by wife and husband team, Ann & John O’Connor, initially as an adventure farm on 26th May 2007. Since then, it has grown from strength to strength and over the years, following sponsorship, expansion and continued development driven by their passion for wildlife and nature, Secret Valley has transformed itself into a Wildlife Park.
- Awarded Zoo Licence
- Appeared on the TV3 show called “The Holiday Show” with Jon Slattery and Ciara Whelan
- Became part of the Irish Seal Sanctuary participation in the rehabilitation and release of rescued seals
- Built our White-Fronted Lemur Enclosure
- Changed from “Adventure Farm” to “Wildlife Park” with Media Launch
- Installed an Indoor Play area, now called “The Jungle Gym”
- Built our second shed to house our small animals, goats and alpacas, now called “The Animal Encounter House”
- Appeared on the mentoring programme “Higher Ground” on RTÉ with Paul McCarthy and Peter Young
- Second Year open trying to spread our name; introduced our Schools Programme and started Summer Camp
- Opened the Farm on 26/05/2007
Check out our Media page to view old newspaper articles and photos which chronicle the history of Secret Valley!
OUR INITIAL RENOVATION BACK IN 2007
Click on image below to start slideshow!